Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

  1. #21
    HB Super Moderator
    So-Called 511E's on the Bay


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    (and why corporations are willing to pay for familiar trade names).
    Exactly, And you could say why "Spark-O-Matic" bought the Altec Lansing name.It wasn't because they made great speakers or had a great line of products it was for reputation only.As people associated Altec with quality something they couldn't do on their own.

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    So has anyone here sprayed this stuff? The PDF that I read speaks of a 3/4" line with a 1/4" nozzle, but that doesn't mean much to me. What kind of sprayer would have a 1/4" nozzle?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #23
    HB Super Moderator
    So-Called 511E's on the Bay


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    So has anyone here sprayed this stuff? The PDF that I read speaks of a 3/4" line with a 1/4" nozzle, but that doesn't mean much to me. What kind of sprayer would have a 1/4" nozzle?
    A reverse-a-clean spray gun airless sprayer.If that is any help I was looking for it myself.

  4. #24
    Senior Hostboard Member
    So-Called 511E's on the Bay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Makes me wonder...there are cheap guns for spraying wall texture...

    I honestly don't know if this would work...but when you mentioned the 1/4" nozzle...

    Texture Paint Spray Gun

    Three nozzle sizes: 3/16", 1/4" and 5/16"
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    A reverse-a-clean spray gun airless sprayer.If that is any help I was looking for it myself.
    Reverse-a-clean seems to be a kind of tip, not a kind of sprayer according to my Google searches. I'm guessing this is a tip used for one of the big sprayers that sits around/on-top-of a 5 gallon bucket.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Makes me wonder...there are cheap guns for spraying wall texture...

    I honestly don't know if this would work...but when you mentioned the 1/4" nozzle...

    Texture Paint Spray Gun

    Three nozzle sizes: 3/16", 1/4" and 5/16"
    That was my initial thought as well OG. I've never used one..... looks like it would be heavy. $20 wouldn't be that big a deal to spend if it didn't work. Certainly cheaper than buying a used airless of sufficient size. The airless would likely be more useful to me in the long run, Though.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  7. #27
    HB Super Moderator
    So-Called 511E's on the Bay


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    [QUOTE=Old Guy;1827028]Makes me wonder...there are cheap guns for spraying wall texture...

    No that isn't the one.They use air pressure or a compressor.The aquaplas or antivibe uses a airless spray gun.The reverse a clean tip is a spray gun with a 1/4" nozzle here is the description.

    AQUAPLAS DL-10Y is a water based liquid in a heavy paste-like consistency. Use on metal surfaces to reduce vibrations and impact noise. It can be trowelled or sprayed on directly from the drum, or applied robotically, without thinning and during application cleans up with water. A typical set-up to spray AQUAPLAS DL-10Y consists of a 30:1 airless pump, a reverse-a-clean airless gun with a 1/4" round nozzle.

    Here's a good explanation.Go to page 5 down to e. Airless Spray

    http://140.194.76.129/publications/e...2-3400/c-8.pdf

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    ...... A typical set-up to spray AQUAPLAS DL-10Y consists of a 30:1 airless pump, a reverse-a-clean airless gun with a 1/4" round nozzle.......
    Where did you find this information? The PDF I read said air, not airless.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  9. #29
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    Unless you're considering drum quantities to paint your listening room, just brush it on. My guys can run through a 5 gallon bucket in about 45 minutes.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member
    So-Called 511E's on the Bay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: So-Called 511E's on the Bay

    [quote=Altec Best;1827034]
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Makes me wonder...there are cheap guns for spraying wall texture...

    No that isn't the one.
    C'mon..where did I say or imply it WAS?

    Think outside the box.

    That PDF you quote is not a bible. It generally is written by somebody sitting in an office, repeating information conveyed to him/her.

    Why do you assume the only thing that will work is what the manufacturer recommends?

    Often many other approaches work. That $20 gun has the right size nozzle.

    It is a gravity feed gun.

    If you are willing to make a gentleman's bet, I will put up a C-note that I can make that gun spray that stuff.

    Note it's range of pressures and that the material can be thinned.

    I am not going to guarantee it will do a quality job, only that I can get it to work.

    But for the cost...might be worth a try.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.